Automated Fiber/Tape Placement Machines
Mikrosam manufactures Automated Fiber Placement(AFP) and Automated Tape Laying(ATL) machines for the manufacture of highly contoured composite parts. The machines are capable of high throughputs and high fidelity. Mikrosam is unique in that it also provides its machines with MikroPlace and MikroAutomate. MikroPlace the user the abilty to design the part that is gong to be produced on the machine. Then, MikroPlace takes the CAD information and creates the necessary motion code to operate the machine. This reduces the risk for the customer substantially as well as the overall initial cost and the long term cost of ownership. This module allows the importation of CATIA files into the Mikrosam design software as well.
- High Throughput Rates (10-40Kg/hour)
- Consistent/predictable quality of structures with reduction of voids and wrinkles
- Reduction of scrap and increased yield
- Integrated SCADA and SPC system with alarms and analysis tools
- Fabrication of complex shapes is possible
- Combine filament winding head with fiber placement head
Multiple Robots with AFP heads working In Tandem
Many complex composite structures that are currently being laid up and fabricated by hand are excellent candidates for Mikrosam’s AFP/ATL machine. The incorporation of this technology replacing manual fabrication will result in lower cost and higher quality parts. All of the parts produced on our machines will have a full part history record of the process enabling any required tracking after it is produced.