Composites Manufacturing Research & Development
Composites Manufacturing Research and Development are typically a crucial first step in developing a machine requirements document or understanding the complete ROI of automating the manufacture of a part or raw material. This is usually done in the context of a well defined trade study with clear stage gates and objectives.
Composite Automation is partnered with multiple companies that have the ability to help customers develop manufacturing processes and materials. These capabilities include fabricationg tools, slitting materials, producing prototypes, performing inspection, etc. Bring your problem to us so we can brainstorm a process development or trade study program for you.
Engineering services for tool design and technical workforce
PCM Innovation and Lucas Industries offers fully integrated solutions in engineering and tooling. We are rich of 40 years of history and experience in our industry. Like you, we employ engineers, technicians, quality specialists, project managers, buyers and the list goes on. But there’s another side to PCM, we also have a vast array of employees that are on site, at our customers, to fill their specialized resource needs. Whether for short term or long term, we’re here to help, and rest assured, we can help you.
We understand this industry, we’re in it. Unlike any other outsourcer you’ve dealt with so far, we know the lingo. FAI, Catia, CMM, this all speaks to us. Tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll get you the candidate you need.
- Full time resources at client site: we have a vast array of employees that are on site, at our customers, to fill their specialized resource needs. Whether for short term or long term, we’re here to help, and rest assured, we can help you.
- Permanent design team in our offices
- Turn key solutions with project management and manufacturing
- Project management with PLM software allowing multisite team
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Concurrent engineering by web conference
- Secured file transfer via FTP site
- 3D printing for rapid prototyping
- Reverse engineering with Laser Scanner (MetraSCAN)
- Laser Tracker (API and FARO)
- CMM Probe integrated in a large 5-axis CNC
- Photogrammetry (Handyprobe)
- CMM Arm (FARO Platinum 6)
- CE Marking Conformity
- Catia V5
- Siemens NX
- Thermoplastic Insitu Consolidation using AFP/ATL with laser heating
- Thermoset AFP/ATL trials
- Prototyping including tool production
- New product development
- New technology development
- Comparative analysis of concurrent technologies and machines
- Programming, testing and merging motion and process control platforms
- Software engineering
- Technical consulting
- Machine and software operation training
- Machine maintenance training
- Market research
cevoLab – the FPP Competence Center
At the cevoLab, Cevotec’s Fiber Patch Placement Competence Center, customers can develop their application with Fiber Patch Placement utilizing Cevotec’s technical experts and equipment. Testing and validating fiber patch technology for individual products is risk free. A full understanding of the manufacturability of a candidate part along with projected ROI can be distilled from the process. The comprehensive services include product development both for prototypes and for series production and extends from initial planning and design to the production of dry fiber, prepreg or multi-material laminates. The process also completes the development of a machine requirements document enabling the eventual procurement of a system. Depending on the requirements, Cevotec can offer both full-service options and the flexible integration of customer teams, to implement knowledge transfer at an early stage.
- Individual application development
- Machine customizations
- FE-simulation and laminate optimization
- Prototyping and small-scale series production
- Tailored patch grippers
- Proof of concept and prototype projects for parts already in production that needs automation or parts that are already designed and need to be industrialized
- Developing complementary automation technologies to support Fiber Patch Placement such as novel grippers or feeding units
- Materials evaluation to determine suitability for use in Fiber Patch Placement.
- Throughput and waste analysis
- ROI analysis
- Equipment maintenance & support services
- Software maintenance & support services
- Machine and software operation training
Based on the developed application, Cevotec can customize Fiber Patch Placement systems to customer requirements. This includes, as necessary, adaptions to the process, the robot configuration, the gripper technology, or the quality control systems. Of course, all adaptations are reflected in the Artist Studio software’s digital twin of the production system.
Contract Parts Inspection Services
Our inspection centers provide application-specific state-of-the-art instrumentation and automated systems that are utilized to solve known throughput and efficiency issues faced in the composite manufacturing sector, helping manufacturers meet their rate commitments.
Arcadia provides inspection of composite airframe components at its Nadcap certified facilities in Punta Gorda, Florida, Bethsalem, Pennsylvania and Tallassee, Alabama. Our Florida facility also provides inspection system optimization, consulting, design, upgrade, and integrated system manufacturing.(These Engineering Services are not covered under the Nadcap and AS9100D Including ISO 9001:2015 NDT Certified Services)
Manufacturing Process Development/Machine Requirements Definition
Composites Manufacturing Consulting Group specializes in helping customers define new trade studies that lead to new composites manufacturing processes. The services include defining process development activities, business case validation, ROI analysis, market analysis and developing machine requirements documents. Ultimately, the client is able to submit RFI/RFQ documents to solicit proposals on equipment. CMCG can stay engaged to develop lean manfacturing process to improve OPEX costs and to maximize ROI.